Monday, April 4, 2011

One Green Year

Last night, Stella asked if they could buy lunch. I get that question a lot. I said no. I do let the twins buy their lunches on occasion...that decision is usually fueled by necessity. Like, it was one of those nights, or no food in the house, etc. So back to Stella....I told her I actually liked packing their lunches. It was one of the way I could show them I loved them. Stella just beamed. That is the truth. I do like packing their lunches. I am also so proud that we have dramatically cut the amount of waste we are producing. I think to how many years I sent everything in it's own individual baggies.

Did you know? It has been estimated that on average a school-age child using a disposable lunch generates 67 pounds of waste per school year. That equates to 18,760pounds of lunch waste for just one average-size elementary school a year. That is a ton of waste!!

Last year for the twins birthday, Papa and Gigi bought them Laptop Lunches and we have been using them for a solid year. Makes me feel so green!!!

Here is what we have for tomorrow.



Trail mix, blueberries, turkey sandwich and grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails