Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Veggie Calzones


Tomorrow the kiddos have a mini calzones, carrots, cucumbers, oranges and crinkle cut peaches.

I made regular size calzones for dinner and made the mini's for tomorrows lunch at the same time. I used the recipe from Epicurious found here. I simplified it quite a bit.

I sauteed some mushrooms and fresh spinach and some EVOO.


Added some red peppers and garlic.


Took store bought whole wheat pizza dough. Layered ricotta cheese, pizza sauce, the cooked veggies and some shredded mozzarella. Folded the dough up and sealed the sides.

It was nice because I could customize each calzone....more veggies for Stella, less for Thomas. I also used part skim ricotta, whole wheat pizza dough and added more veggies to make it a bit healthier. Served with a big salad...easy, peasy dinner and lunch for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails