Monday, September 5, 2011

Thomcord Grapes

I have received a lot of kind words about my lunch blog recently. Thank you so much for stopping by and I appreciate hearing from you!

The most frequently asked question I get asked is, "Do your kids really eat your lunches?". That makes me laugh a little....like I pack fake lunches for the blog and my kiddos are eating Lunchables.

Yes, my kiddos really eat their lunches.

I believe that my kiddos are still young enough where I can put something in front of them and they will eat it. I pack crap, they will eat crap. I pack healthy choices, they will eat healthier. They each have food preferences but overall their lunches come home pretty empty.

I recently was out of all of my lunch packing staples and I asked my husband to run to the store. Here are the 'staples' I need to pack healthy lunches:

bread
Publix dinner rolls
lunch meat
cucumber
grape tomatoes
spinach
carrots
celery
bananas
watermelon
oranges
grapes

I usually have the following on hand:
goat cheese
feta cheese
peanut butter
hummus
whole wheat pastas

Now you will not see all of the above in the lunches for tomorrow but that list would get me through a couple of days. Doesn't that seem pretty basic? Easy peasy? I try to add new foods and keep their lunches interesting, but packing healthy choices is easy.


For tomorrow there is pasta salad (whole wheat penne, tomatoes, spinach and feta cheese), carrots and celery, Thomcord grapes and a dinner roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails