Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week in Review: Lunches

When the twins first started preschool, I began packing a lunch two days a week. It was so new for me! I wanted the teacher to take pictures of what the other kids had so I could get some ideas. Well years later, I still wish the same thing. I was reading The New Girl's week of bento(ish) lunches and I felt inspired! I love my picks and want to try some very simple sandwich cut-outs.

So here is where I am starting:

This was a day before I went grocery shopping so I did not have a ton in the fridge. We have celery with peanut butter, pretzel sticks, leftover spaghetti and some applesauce.



Thomas calls these 'taco sandwiches' but it is turkey roll ups, peach slices, yogurt with strawberries and blueberries and celery with peanut butter.




Turkey sandwiches, pretzel sticks, yogurt with strawberries and some cantaloupe.

Recently I have been trying something new. I have been packing a lunch for James too. Now, he is at home but I am already packing two lunches, so what is one more? Plus...it is so wonderful to be out and about and then come home and just open the laptop lunch and viola! Lunch is served.

Here are some of James' bentos:

Ritz crackers, turkey roll ups, mandarin oranges, berries and applesauce.

Ritz crackers, turkey, grapes, applesauce and mandarin oranges.

Turkey, pretzel sticks, yogurt with strawberries and melon.

Yogurt, whole wheat crackers, turkey rolled up with cream cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes.


Finally I get to peak into others lunches! I have been reading so many post about bento lunches. This week, I bought some different veggies, hummus, and some other new lunch items. I haven't found cookie cutters for sandwiches but I want to swing by my dollar store this week to see what they have.

I am hoping I stay inspired throughout the whole school year:) Hopefully this blog will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails